Monday, August 12, 2013

Citrus - That Sisterly Love!

Image credits to mangafox.com

Image

It has been quite a while since I made a last review or update on Shoujo-ai or Yuri. So just recently, I stumbled upon this yuri manga titled Citrus by Saburo Uta. Unlike the other typical Yuri mangas out there, this story focus on Sisterly love or bluntly Incest Yuri.

The story is about two stepsisters. The outgoing expressive Yuzu and serious and mysterious Mei. Everything seemed too fast for them when they realized they are already sisters and family members as they got home from an all girls school. The Yuri manga tackles on family matters as well (like broken families and such) and situations like kissing and relationships (which is probably the core of this story.)

After being kissed by her own stepsister Mei (out of the blue?), Yuzu's life went spinning. She is torn in-between the duties of being a big sister or following her heart in falling in love with her.

The first 4 chapters of the manga was something that I couldn't put down. Can't wait for Chapter 5 and beyond. If given the chance of rating this manga from 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest, it would be a 4. I could not really give a perfect score because I do admit that the manga tends to get confusing, topsy-turvy, and a bit fast-paced. My primary verdict would probably be the names of the main characters. I find a hard time remembering them which be a reason to cause to go back a few pages to read them again. Though it would suppose to be a 3 out of 5, I give another point because I like the straightforwardness and how mysterious Mei's character is.

I honestly am not really used to Sisterly-love manga. But this gave me a new perspective on the said category. I am excited for the next chapter and it is a recommendation for every yuri-loving fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comm-ent!