Friday, May 6, 2011

Review: Umineko no Naku koro ni

Ok, go ahead and slap me and call me a slowpoke but I just recently finished this anime and I'm willing to make a review on it. Better late than never.



Honestly speaking, I thought this anime was like every dark-themed cliche anime that I get. But I took back what I said. I planned to watch this way back before but I didn't have the motivation to do so. But thanks to my otaku friends who were recently talking about this series (not to mention group cosplay plans), I think I'll give this a shot.

Ok, so the story is a living chessboard. You get killed, you get revived, you get slapped by your mother, you get shot but it reflects back at you, emotions giving you magic, people who actually are "furniture", Witches all bearing the same name : Beatrice, and some other things that will leave you confused. I tell you, if you don't get the anime, it's best you rewatch the episode if there are things that confuse you. But to spoil a bit: it's a game of chess and they are using people. Yep.

Because of greed and thirst for power and desires, it all ends in one unique anime that you really can't find anywhere. I am sad for majority of the character's fates though. I wont be explaining further for the convenience of the people who haven't watched it yet.

My final verdict: Umineko no Naku koro Ni is an anime that will leave you to your seats with its unique story, its magic, and the characters themselves. I guarantee it.

I will be writing more about Umineko later on especially about the characters. For now, I'll leave some screenshots about the anime. ;D









Ok, you were liek: WTF?! TOUHOU!? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comm-ent!